Groovy time for this daily prompt as for over a year I have tried to talk my wife into, and amp up the thought of, living a nomadic life. She is not convinced while I on the other hand have the perfect vision of our life in an RV. Yes, an RV. My dream is to sell all of our meager possessions, buy an RV and live out of it for as long as we can.
We would start out driving from Las Vegas, our home base, to San Diego where we could live on the beaches and eat Fish tacos until we had little money left, at which point we could drive further upstate and inland to work for a few months as itinerant workers picking apples, just enough to have some cash.
OK, disclaimer, I do not advocate for or against the use of marijuana, you are a damn adult and can make that decision yourself.
We would travel across the country for months at a time, spending days, weeks, months or years even in one place and then trucking on, this year maybe we take the north route across the country, next year the south and hell, the year after that, we go to South America. Why not? Life on the road is a precious thing; we could create a new blog about it called Southern Fried Gypsies in Mexico or something creative my wife would come up with, and can you imagine the pictures we would take?
See, I cannot see a down side to this. Very low overhead and mega up on the juice side.
I am sure that there are some things I have not thought too much about, say, the schooling of our three youngest but I assume we can homeschool them and what better school than the road. I believe it was Jack Kerouac who said “Dig, man, homeschool those cats on the road, what better school than that?” Maybe he didn’t say that, but he would have.
Anyway, life would not always be perfect I know, but it would be a larger adventure than we have now, and isn’t that what it is all about? See you on the road; I will keep you some fish tacos.
Here are some other great posts from this Daily Prompt:
- My Life is a Rolling Stone (with no commitments): Daily Prompt | Texan in Tokyo
- Dogwalking, Bright light, Harsh shadows |
- Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone | Under the Monkey Tree
- Oh, Him And Her And Them? They’re Just My Home… | All Those Small Things
- Lost in the Thought of Africa | Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone « Mama Bear Musings
- Nomadic life: the importance of a base | Melanie Ryding – Ryding2Health BLOG
- Daily Prompt – Rolling Stone | Kate Murray
- I’ll go with you | clarior e tenebris
- Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone ~ #photography | ThisCornerOfTheWoods
- Papa was a Rolling Stone… | The Rider
- Adventures in Paradise | The Jittery Goat
- Semi-permanence and the expat | A Girl and Her Travels
- Daily Prompt: Travel « Vicariously Poetic
- Let’s go | Spunky Wayfarer
- Daily Prompt: Ramblin’ Rose | One Starving Activist
- Daily Prompt Writing: The Nomadic Life | Lifeinpawprints’s Weblog
- Catherine B.’s Blog | The Nomad | Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone
- A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss | A Day in the Life
- Totally Normal! | Daily Prompt | Alaskan Wilderness
- Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Future Fantastical Adventures of a Nomadic Hermit | The Robotic Hermit
- Traveling Pup… | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone | suzie81’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: No Rolling Stone Here | My Daily Prompt Blog
- Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone – Where’s my moss? | SERENDIPITY
- Sailing and leaving Pamplona | Vivir, que no es poco
- Life As A Wanderer « Getting Rid Of Boredom
- Life On The Move | Tony’s Texts
- Daily Prompt : Rolling Stones | Moments In Your Life
- The Vanishing Point | A Thousand Flappers and Hobbledehoys
- Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone | No Effect Observed
- Daily Prompt: Nomadic Architecture | r | one studio architecture
- A nomad life | Thin spiral notebook
- My Imaginary Life as a Wanderer | tuckedintoacorner
- Rolling Stone | bheehappy
- A NOMAD YEARNS FOR A HOME | Virginia Views
- A nomad at heart? | Notes from a gay mentalist
- Aimless Journeys | Journey to the Centre of My Heart
- Rollin’ rollin’ rollin’ | Relax…
- Rolling Stone | The Nameless One
- I’d Rather Be a Nomad Than a Turtle | Iam Who Iam
- The Rolling Stone | just another blog
- Life without a homebase? « kiyudesu